INK IN THE RING
OUR FIRST EVER "TEAM ELIMINATION" INK IN THE RING (FINALE SCHEDULED FOR APRIL 26th 2021)
March 1st saw the elimination of 4 incredible teams. April 26th will bring a close to this amazing contest and crown one winning team. If you are interested in applying as a canvas for this one, you should read on and understand just what you're in for.
Our first ever elimination series was a cool concept, so we're cranking it up a notch with a TEAM approach. 2 artists per canvas, and WIN or LOSE, the artists will have to do it as a team!
The first episode was BRUTAL! Judging was hard and everyone brought their "A" game.
Series Finale will be held on the 26th of April, 2021 where 3 remaining teams of 2 will compete for $2000.00 in cash and awards!
Tattooing begins at 13:00 (1pm)
Our remaining teams of artists have fought hard to get here, and are as follows:
WHAT BOUT WULF & MEDINA?
Yes indeed, amazing work and a secured finale spot are what Wulf and Medina came away from round one with.
Some personal issues (Family First) have forced this killer team to "pass the torch" so to speak.
The rules for this elimination series are the most fluid (loose) guidelines we've ever applied, and that means that your artists are free to FLEX their CREATIVITY!
For the elimination series Finale, the only "rules" that apply (outside of the standard Ink in the RIng regulations) are:
Teams must incorporate a Western concept into their tattoo and teammates MUST EQUALLY and actively tattoo simultaneously as much as safe and practical.
NOTE: THIS MEANS THAT AS A CANVAS THERE WILL BE TWO ARTISTS ACTIVELY TATTOOING YOU SIMULTEANEOUSLY.
ARTIST VS ARTIST, NO HOLDS BARRED, PUT UP OR SHUT UP, THE GLOVES ARE OFF - THIS IS INK IN THE RING
You've probably seen an episode or two of what started as some healthy competition in our studio. It's kind of taken on a life of it's own. Here's the low-down;
- Ink in the Ring episode dates are selected (typically Mondays)
- Artists are given a subject and style to tattoo in a six hour window.
- Clients volunteer as a canvas and pay just $200 ($100 deposit due prior to event, $100 day of event) for a 6 (six) hour tattoo and are treated to food and drinks all day long.
- We go live on several social media platforms to keep everyone up to speed on progress and "smack talking".
- Everyone is welcome in the studio to participate (vote) as a member of the studio audience.
- When the 6 hours is up, everything stops and the voting begins. Ink In The Ring has four very important judges that all cast votes for their favorite finished product;
- INK MASTER'S CHRISTIAN BUCKINGHAM
- INK MASTER'S TIARA GORDON
- INK MASTER'S MATTI HIXSON
- SHAWN ROCK FROM KILO 94.3
- In Studio participants all cast a "Shop Vote"
- and of course, EVERY ONE of YOU!!! We will post the final images on Facebook after the event and YOUR VOTES COUNT!!!
Think you've got what it takes to be a canvas? We'll reopen the canvas submissions soon for the finale keep checking this space, and we will announce as soon as the canvas selection re-opens.